SSR Enabled


Published at 4/30/2022

The support categories at the Wanneroo Raceway Bunnings Trade Perth SuperNight provided entertainment aplenty.


It was an action-packed first encounter of round two, Matt Payne led from start to finish in the Super2 Grove Racing Nissan Altima. Cameron Hill (Triple 8 Holden Commodore VF) progressed from fourth early to finish second ahead of Tyler Everingham (Matt White Motorsport Altima) who was seventh at the end of lap one.

Matt McLean (Eggleston Motorsport VF) was second early and ultimately finished fourth ahead of Angelo Mouzouris (MWM), Declan Fraser (Triple 8) and Thomas Maxwell (MWM). Jaylyn Robotham (Image Racing VF) qualified second behind Payne but systematically fell down the order, copped a penalty for tagging Aaron Seton (Matt Stone Racing VF) and placed 19th.

Points leader before the race, Zak Best (Tickford Racing Ford Falcon FG/X) tangled with Steven Page (Super3 Commodore VE) when lapping him at Turn 6 and was out. Jay Hanson (Image) copped a hit at Turn 7 and suffered rear end damage, before Nash Morris (FG/X) bunkered there after contact with Brad Vaughan (Super3 Anderson Motorsport Falcon FG).

It was a tough night for the latter. He had to start the race from pitlane, a penalty for unauthorised practice early in the week. He had a post-race penalty for the contact and place eighth in Super3.

Meanwhile Kai Allen (Eggleston VE) dominated the class, although closer at the finish due to a safety car. vied for a top ten outright with Super2 cars. Blake Fardell, Garry Hills and Jim Pollicina in Holdens, were second, third and fourth ahead of the Falcons of Jason Gomersall, Chris Smerdon and Tony Auddino. Garry Hills (VE) was a withdrawal after qualifying due to engine issues.

George Gutierrez took his maiden SuperUte victory in the inverted top six grid race – Image: Jack Martin Photography


Two races and different winners in the first two races of round two with David Sieders and George Gutierrez, at the wheel of a Mitsubishi Triton and Holden Colorado respectively.

In the first outing, Sieders grabbed the lead at the start was never headed. He finished ahead of Aaron Borg (Colorado), Pole sitter Craig Woods (Toyota Hilux) was third ahead of his teammate Ben Walsh. Gutierrez stalled at the start, dropped to ninth before he regathered to fifth.

Sixth place Craig Dontas (Triton) had pole for the reverse top six start of race two. He led the first two laps before Gutierrez passed him into Turn 6. Dontas spun on the exit of the corner and was tagged by Sieders who had nowhere to go.

Gutierrez won comfortably from Borg while Rohan Barry (Hilux) was able to displace Walsh for third. Then came Josh Hunter (Triton) and Chris Formosa (Ford Ranger). Woods was third at midrace when he had a puncture, and a run through the Turn 6 sand trap.



The first of two 45-minute races at round two was won by Elliott Schutte. In a single-handed effort he led at the outset, lost out to Sam Dicker after nine laps, regathered the front running after the mandatory pitstops and controlled the race to the end.

Jordan Oon and Adam Lisle shared the second place entry ahead of Bryce Moore, Caleb Sumich and Jay Wong who took over from Dicker and lost position at the stop. Madeline Stewart was sixth ahead of Peter Carr who took over from Peter Paddon and placed ahead of Travis Sharpe/Joe Bergic, and Andrew Eldridge.

Chris Perini was sixth when he had a second stop to attend to a battery charge issue, and then had ongoing drama, slowed and limped home tenth. His situation appeased somewhat as there was a safety car out for a bunkered Brad Russell when in the pits.



The opening race of four was a fizzer with just two laps and waved behind the safety car. Destined to start on the front row Peter Pisconeri had an electrical drama that stopped his Ford Mustang at Turn 6 on the out lap. Then Graeme Woolhouse stalled at the start which brought out the safety car.

The second race was gridded on qualifying where Pisconeri beat pole sitter Clinton Raynor (Chev Camaro) away and led until he had a spin in the esses on lap three. Raynor pitted at the end of the first lap and Greg Barr (Holden Torana XU-1) who was third, would shortly after be the race leader.

The latter led until he was overtaken by John Bondi (Holden Monaro HQ) into Turn 7 on lap six. Behind them Brian Bondi (Monaro) was just in front of Pisconeri who passed Stuart Young (XU-1) on the last lap.

For more of the latest motorsport news pick up the current issue of Auto Action.