● An outstanding Tarmac Rally car, which is one of only 30 examples built by Ralliart UK, and benefits from an enviable maintenance regime.
● Under the bonnet is the original turbocharged 2.0-litre ‘4G63’ inline-four, producing around 206kW (276bhp) and 373Nm (275lb-ft) of torque in standard form, driving all four wheels via a close-ratio five-speed manual transmission.
● First registered in the UK in 1999 as ‘W165 EOP’, the supplied Australian Department of Transport Personal Vehicle Import papers confirm the Import Approval dated 26 October 2000. The car subsequently first arrived in Australia around December 2000.
● The winner of the Early Modern category of the 2019 Australian Tarmac Rally Championship, this vehicle features a range of modifications to make it competition-ready.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
● Based on the lightweight EVO VI RSII, this RSX was a limited-edition vehicle produced in a batch of just 30 cars by Ralliart UK, with only ten in this stunning Satellite Silver colour scheme. With strengthened internals by Ralliart, the ECU has been upgraded to run on 98 RON fuel, allowing the car to produce higher than standard power delivery.
● To further reduce weight, RSX models were fitted with an aluminium bonnet and front wings, and the ABS and AYC system were removed for a saving of 110kg over other EVO VI models
● For enhanced competition performance the EVO VI RSII-based RSX offered faster steering response compared to the standard car.
● The vehicle has been fitted with a Motorsport Australia certified Phenberg roll cage, Sparco race seats and harnesses, a Terratrip 202 Plus rally computer, a lightweight battery, is RallySafe ready, utilises a fuel surge tank and the front driving lights have been replaced with brake cooling ducts for the upgraded Performance Friction front brakes.
● The vehicle rides on full Ohlins suspension, features a stronger EVO IX gearbox with custom NPC clutch and billet flywheel, and the front and rear limited-slip differentials and transfer case have been rebuilt by Neat Gearboxes.
● Inside the vehicle features a Momo Prototipo steering wheel, two fire extinguishers, a passenger footrest, additional in-dash oil temp and pressure gauges, and an A-pillar mounted LED tachometer with shift lights, while the rear seats have been removed for further weight saving.
● The vehicle rides on 18-inch Oz Racing Superturismo Dakar wheels with Dunlop Formula R tyres, and a spare set of lightweight 18-inch alloy wheels will also be included.
● The car is supplied with a full workshop manual, extensive receipts for work and servicing performed, and its Motorsport Australia logbook, as well as documentary evidence proving that this is a genuine RSX.
● The car has never been involved in any incident or accident which has caused major damage, including perforation of the exterior or interior panels, or substantial damage to the engine, gearbox, chassis or suspension components.
● There is a small crack in the rear bumper and some very minor dents in the rear quarter panels behind the wheel arches.
● The original Satellite Silver paintwork remains in good condition, with some minor blemishes where sponsor stickers have been removed and a number of small stone chips, commensurate with the vehicle’s use as a Tarmac Rally car.
● Inside, the race-prepared interior is in very good condition with no observable wear on the seats, steering wheel or gear knob. All controls, dials and gauges work as they should, though the vendor notes that the engine warning light incorrectly remains lit when the engine is warm, though there is no known engine fault.
● There are no other known mechanical or electrical issues.
● This Evo’s most recent work has been a fuel line replacement in July 2022 which cracked whilst in storage.
● The last service was performed in February 2021, with the engine oil and filter changed, driveline fluids replaced, new brake rotors fitted and the front Ohlins struts overhauled. It has since travelled less than 100 kilometres on public roads to and from the service workshop.
● Prior to this in November 2020, with the odometer reading 69,631km, an engine oil and filter change were performed, and the brake fluid replaced.
● In January 2019, the engine oil, gearbox oil and spark plugs were replaced, coolant changed, and general maintenance performed.
This Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI RSX is a rare, limited-production vehicle, built as one of only 30 examples by Ralliart UK. This factory homologation special has now been thoroughly equipped with everything required to compete and win in Australia’s highly competitive Tarmac Rally championships. Having won in 2019, the owner has not raced the vehicle since, and its outstanding maintenance schedule is evident with in excess of $30,000 worth of receipts supplied for works performed in the last three years. Offered for sale ready to race, it would be an excellent choice for new and seasoned competitors alike, or would make a fine addition to any rally-fan’s collection.
Think about this...When 30 of these RSX were built in 1999 their direct rival was the Subaru WRX STi 22B of which over 400 were built.The last known Australian sale price of a 22B on the 310522 was Aud$370,000 (plus Buyers Premium)
This RSX is A Competitive Winning Rally car that will appreciate in value!